19 August 2012

Portrait

 
And here we have an update on Melissas' portrait. Getting there slowly.
As I was working on this in class last week, one of my tutors asked if I had seen the Archibald when it was showing at Tarrawarra Museum of Art earlier this year. When I replied no, it was suggested I take at look at the painting of Missy Higgins by Kate Tucker.  I've had a look and can see why it came to mind. Not that I'm putting my piece at Archibald level, far from it. Though the similarity in its composition is evident, and even the final execution.  Both the figures are paintied in a realistic style with an abstract background.  My intention was to focus the viewers eyes on the figure, but more so on where the figures gaze is going...the outreaching hand, just out of focus.

here is the link...   http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/prizes/archibald/2012/29251/

Kate Tuckers work is on show at the  HELEN GORY GALERIE, Prahran, VIC 3181  till  Sept the 8th.


No comments: