28 October 2010

TAKETH FROM THE CHALICE OF LOVE

Susana Gonzalez 2010
Finished!  I will revisit this idea in a future piece.  Keep a lookout.
Isn't it great to have a tool such as photoshop at our disposal... it surely does add a dimension to art that facilitates all our processes and frees time for painting an image that is in some ways pre destined to a certain feel and look.... but could it also stifle the growth of a painting if the artist then feels obliged  to paint what he has created on Photoshop... could it also then lead to different ways of thinking about a piece?  I am planning to use this tool more often in future, and see where it takes me.  I know that in the past I have enjoyed both the process and the final outcomes reached with its different tools and filter options.
Now the title for this has no reference to the the Dalli  Chalice of Love, which untill I thought of this title, I had no Knowledge of, but I love his piece,genious that he was in his field. I'll try to post it for you to see in the future.

No comments: